[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
Crazy Flipper Fingers • View topic - Resources

Resources

How to hit the things that are all lit up and flashing, and how to do it with style.

Resources

Postby ROM on Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:10 pm

Let's use this thread to provide links to useful tips - if you know of cool instructional videos, walk-throughs, detailed rulesets, and so on, reply to this post. I'll take the links and add them to a big master list that will be (easy to find) on this message.

The rest of this subforum is for writing and discussing tips, skills, and strategies. Post away!

Resources

I am too lazy at the moment to actually add any of my own. But don't worry, soon there will stuff here.
Vibe Police
ROM

Re: Resources

Postby bounceback on Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:16 pm

this should be the starting point, and we probably ought to have a permanent link to it somewheres. they have rulesheets for pretty much everything out there. the only problem with a lot of them is that they were written for usenet posts and have no pictures in the actual guides, so they tend to be wordier than necessary (gosh, who else has that problem?) and full of descriptions of basic features that are hard to picture if you're not looking right at the game. i'm sure no one would be opposed to people re-editing those rulesheets for any popular games and adding pictures and things to make them more clear, and re-posting them. in fact, that would be a glorious project for anyone inclined to invest the time. maybe once that whole non-profit thing comes through we can get some kind of a grant, or write an illustrated strategy guide for publication...

is the template for such guides-- all their in-depth reviews have plenty of great photos. the only problem with these is that since they're a news site, they are reviewing the newest games as they come out, and as we all know, that means often the software is as-yet incomplete. so there are reviews of newer games that really don't talk you through wizard modes and updated features in the newest software. this is where the old-school rulesheets are so useful and still needed.
bounceback

Postby Dropshot on Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:10 pm

i'll start it off..... how do you get bruce wayne in DK... i am guessing by finishing off the batman sub-plots but not sure, let me know, if you know. thanks.
Dropshot

Postby bounceback on Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:00 am

you turn off the machine and start screaming that the joker has captured your money. bruce drives his lambourghini down the stairs of the shanghai and gives you a refund. when you turn the machine back on, his little light will be all lit up, but you have to start over to collect the other characters. new twist on the wizard mode. pretty cool, but i'm worried that stern's going over budget on this one.
bounceback

Postby DannyBackglass on Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:41 am

Really? Because I was under the complete assumption that you had to turn the machine on and off 3 times, you turn off the machine and start screaming that the joker has captured your money. bruce drives his lambourghini down the stairs of the shanghai and gives you a refund. At least, thats how I got the wizard mode last night. So rad. I couldn't believe Gary Stern showing up with bruce and giving me that secret code. Amazing.
DannyBackglass

Return to Tips and Tactics