[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
Crazy Flipper Fingers • View topic - IJ4 what's the score

IJ4 what's the score

How to hit the things that are all lit up and flashing, and how to do it with style.

IJ4 what's the score

Postby bounceback on Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:47 pm

Dropshot-- what's the secret here? i've barely played the new indy, to be honest, but have been making a little progress. highest score i'd seen before shorty's was around 600 mil, highest i've gotten is around 400, mainly trying to build bonus up and play long multiballs stacked with 2X scoring.

how did you hit almost 3 bil? i saw an 800 mil at hungry tiger too, where they just put in IJ4 for LOTR, and i knew there must be something fundamental that i'm still missing. i've never completed all the tasks, so i still want to do that. getting the raiders MB enough times is my bane, the magnet just sucks. i don't know how you can shoot the center 80 times without draining more than thrice...
bounceback

Re: IJ4 what's the score

Postby Dropshot on Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:40 pm

I got 3 bil on the old one without the 1 bil bonus for beating the game. you just need to keep getting jackpots over ad over again. And the two ball multiball can be huge if you just keep hitting the captive ball. 400 mil on IJ4 is a good score
Dropshot

Postby bounceback on Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:13 am

oh, i was confused. but i don't read too good. well shit, i heard the old indy is getting taken out of alleyway, so perhaps i'll never be good at it. i just never end up getting out to ship ahoy during the week. i would, but my time management problem is worse all the time. anyway, i've been trying to get back my MM GC at billy ray's, you snake. it's so close. why couldn't you go and beat MWF's 1 bil on monster bash instead?
bounceback

Postby deathsave on Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:50 pm

stack up a lot of ramps/grails/stones from ball one, and shoot that captive ball every chance you get to (hopefully) build your multiplier. jackpots in IJ4 are a joke.
This isn't a problem with tungsten bulbs because the filament remains red hot for a short duration after voltage is removed - long enough to appear lit persistently.
deathsave

Postby Dropshot on Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:34 pm

soon my friend, soon. If you want to learn to play the old Indy come down to woodstock, best one I have ever seen, it is impossible to miss a shot, you can always save it on the right outlane and you can backhand the mode start shot.
Dropshot

Postby Eden on Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:07 pm

Highest Stern IJ score recorded in Canada is here:

Some people say it might be the highest recorded anywhere.
Eden

Postby deathsave on Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:21 am

watch out everyone, it's the second-tallest pinball player on the continent!

talk about destroying IJ4. until someone bests it in another IFPA-sanctioned tourney i don't think anyone's denying you that world record.
This isn't a problem with tungsten bulbs because the filament remains red hot for a short duration after voltage is removed - long enough to appear lit persistently.
deathsave

Postby Kickback on Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:00 pm

That game sucks balls. It's kinda like the time you gave a fat girl with braces and pimples a screaming multiple orgasm. Something you just tell close friends, or nobody. I once dunked on a kid with down syndrome. I got a scholarship for acting. Gay men find me really attractive. I'm the grand champion of my home machines. Blah. Fortunately for IJ4, Stern put out Wheel of Fortune and CSI to take some of the "worst game ever" pressure off.
There is nothing divine about morality; it is a purely human affair. (Albert Einstein, 1934)
Kickback

Postby Dropshot on Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:41 pm

No offense to that score, it is a very good one but every once in a while you can stumble upon an ij4 that coughs up EB's left and right which in case that score could easily (well not easily) but could be attained.
Dropshot

Postby DDT on Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:25 pm

Come on now fellas. Don't jump right on him he may run back to his website where we can't follow. Be nice like this
Like this, Hi there Eden. I was eating some tubesteak and thought of you. Hope alls well buddy.
You dudes need some TRACKIES!!!!!
DDT

Postby ROM on Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:22 pm

I thought the game has a limited number of EBs? like, seven.
dropshot, every game has extra balls, and you just have to get them and play well to earn the highest score... what's your point?

Wheel of Fortune is going to get popular again. I think it's slightly better than the latest crop of crap.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby deathsave on Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:00 pm

i generally avoid IJ4, but from drawing it in weekly tournaments i thought there were only four EB's:

mystery
ramps
cairo swordsman
starting each mode once

i suppose others could be toggled by the op, what are you seeing?
deathsave

Postby ROM on Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:27 pm

Yeah, those are all of them... I got mixed up. I was thinking, "you can get 7 balls on IJ4..." and from there I said/thought the wrong thing.
3 regular, 4 EBs.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Dropshot on Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:04 am

I like wheel of fortune, I also just played Monopoly for the first time last night. Also fairly fun.
Dropshot

Postby HornedGramma on Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:08 am

Monopoly is a fuckin hoot.

I generally enjoy any Pat Lawlor game more than any game that isn't his. Dude's got the fun gene (recessive in CSI, but I hear that's not entirely his fault).

IJ4 can eat a bowl of dicks.
So much for a friendly topic...
HornedGramma

Postby Kickback on Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:16 am

agreed. Monopoly is kinda lame though.
There is nothing divine about morality; it is a purely human affair. (Albert Einstein, 1934)
Kickback

Return to Tips and Tactics