[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
Crazy Flipper Fingers • View topic - Stern 9-ball Rules and Gameplay

Stern 9-ball Rules and Gameplay

How to hit the things that are all lit up and flashing, and how to do it with style.

Stern 9-ball Rules and Gameplay

Postby Opto on Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:57 pm

Since this game will be at Showdown III, I figured I'd let everyone know how it works. Post any questions you have - I'll be happy to answer 'em.

"I hear the trunk shot on Theater Of Magic can be deadly."
Opto

Re: Stern 9-ball Rules and Gameplay

Postby revtest on Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:42 pm

Sweet, now can I borrow it for a few.........years!
REVEREND-TEST
revtest

Postby FHF on Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:14 pm

great video noah! That game has such a good rule set. plus the bank shot lock 8-)
Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change. - RWE
FHF

Postby ROM on Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:56 pm

I have a Q. So, after you got that multiball, the 9 was still lit, but the light wasn't cycling through the targets. So... what's the goal there? And can you get another multiball on a the same ball?
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Opto on Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:29 am

yes . . . so if you sink the nine, MB will start (assuming you've locked a ball or 2) and the blue column will start strobing for EB (or boints depending on settings) then the special column will follow after you collect EB. Once all 3 columns have been collected (the 9ball, EB and Special), the targets will keep resetting and you knock 'em down for boints. You can start the MB again, by locking 3 balls - on the 3rd ball lock MB will start. That ball was a good example of the game "topping out". The cool thing about 9-ball is once you've maxed bonus and collected the 9, EB and special, you can still build (via the skillshot target, or outer 3-bank drops) and crush the spinner as well as going for horseshoe loops and of course pegging drops.

I should have also mentioned that at *any* time locking the 3rd ball will release all 3 for MB - even if you haven't filled up the rack.
Opto

Postby ROM on Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:51 am

Ok, thanks. Yeah, I thought you could lock three for insta-multiball. But since you didn't mention it, I had some doubts. And then I was curious to know if you could basically restart the 1-9 sequence. But you can't.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Opto on Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:31 pm

Nah - the sequence doesn't start over, the targets just reset over and over again for 3k a pop. Would have been kinda cool if completing the rack lit the super bonus and emptied the rack on the ball being played, allowing for a multiplied super bonus + whatever you're able to refill in the rack.

Max bonus on 9-ball is 7x 45k = 315k. If you'd sunk the 9-ball on your previous ball add 77k to that.

Max horseshoe loop is 173k.

A solid maxed spinner hit is 20-30 revs @ 2500 per rev = 50k-75k. However, if you can keep hitting the spinner before it stops, the sky is the limit.
Opto

Postby sauce on Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:22 pm

If you sink the 9 ball on your last ball, does the 77k not exist?
sauce

Postby Opto on Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:46 pm

I believe you would be S.O.L. unless you were able to pick up the EB as well of course.

EB's and Specials will be set to boints for the event. It's another crazy ass stern number like 163k for specials and 87k for EB's . . .
Opto

Return to Tips and Tactics